Panchakarma is one of the most well-known parts about Ayurveda. It is a five-step, total mind-body rejuvenation experience that comprises of herbal oil massages, steam baths, cleansing enemas, a healing kitchari diet and other purifying practices.
Panchakarma will remove the excess doshas and correct imbalances in them as well as eliminate the harmful ama out of your system through the body’s own organs and channels of elimination (colon, sweat glands, lungs, bladder, urinary tract, stomach, intestines, etc). Panchakarma purifies the tissues at a very deep level.
If we want to experience optimal health, it is crucial to maintain a strong digestive fire and eliminate toxins from the body. Panchakarma is a time-proven natural therapy that detoxifies and restores the body’s inner balance and vitality.
According to Ayurveda, good health depends upon our capability to fully metabolize all aspects of life, assimilating that which nourishes and eliminating the rest. When we can’t completely digest our food, experiences, and emotions, toxins accumulate in our bodily tissues, creating imbalance and – ultimately – disease. Panchakarma is an elegant cleansing process that releases stored toxins and restores the body’s innate healing ability.
Vaman is one of the five therapies of panchakarma in Ayurveda. Vaman means therapeutic vomiting which is a medicated emesis.
1. Lightness in the chest is often experienced after undergoing the vaman therapy.
2. People analyses things more efficiently, promotes good voice and good appetite.
3. In ancient days vaman was said to be given to one, after consumption of poison or food poisoning which is today followed by stomach wash in modern science.
4. After vaman, the sinuses are cleared which in turn provides relief from congestion, wheezing and breathlessness.
5. It is a highly efficient treatment in Asthma and skin related problems like psoriasis.
6. Reduction in weight and cholesterol & triglycerides.
Virechana therapy is defined as the medicated purgation therapy, which cleanses the Pitta and purifies blood, by clearing the toxins from the body. The treatment concentrates on the toxins that are accumulated in the liver and gall bladder. The gastro-intestinal tract is also cleansed by Virechana therapy.
Virechana Therapy is recommended and is highly beneficial for the following:
- Detoxification in case of accumulation of Pitta dosha
- Eliminates toxin accumulation in the GI tract
- Effective treatment for piles, constipation, acidity, ulcers, liver/ spleen diseases, jaundice, inflammations
- Cleanses body from poisoning
- Cures mild and chronic skin disorders
- Relives headaches, anaemia, pain in the large intestine, non-healing wounds- Helps manage diabetes, asthma and heart diseases
- Reduces gynaecological disorders
Basti is so highly revered in the panchakarma process that it is said that the benefit received from basti is equal to the cumulative benefit of the other four processes in panchakarma. Basti provides herbal cleansing and nourishment directly into the intestines and colon, without having to be digested by the stomach and upper GI tract, as would be the case with anything taken by mouth.
Benefits of Basti Karma
Being the most effective therapy and technique to allay the aggravated Vatadosha,Basti karma provides much relief and cure in a wide variety of diseases. At Shishu and MaaAyurvediccentre, we have successfully treated patients suffering from Vata type diseases and disorders like
• Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, Colitis, Convalescence,
• Cervical Spondylitis,
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome
• Digestive disorders,
• Backache & Sciatica,
• Hepatomegaly & Splenomegaly,
• Sexual Debility & Infertility.
Nasya treatment refers to an Ayurvedic therapy that includes instillation of herbal oils, juices or powders through the nasal route. It works specifically on disorders of ear, nose and throat.
Benefits of Nasya:
Apart from the above mentioned benefits Nasya as a Daily Routine can relieve you from
1. Hoarseness of voice and stuttering or slurred speech
2. Stiffness in the head, neck, throat, teeth and jaw area
3. Headaches and migraines
4. Earaches and any pain in nose and throat
5. Known to improve conditions such as Rhinitis (runny nose)
6. Relieve mental and emotional stress, anxiety, fear and negativity
7. Positively impact higher cerebral and sensory organs (eyes, nose, ears, skin and tongue)
8. Neuro muscular conditions
9. Prevents facial paralysis, goiter, tonsillitis, convulsion and motor disorder.
10. Prevents loose teeth, gingivitis and diseases of the oral cavity.
Nasya also nourishes the body by
1. Strengthening the hair as well as prevent white/grey hair
2. Firming veins, joints, tendons, and ligaments of the neck
3. Reduces the chances of eye disorders due to old age
RaktaMokshana is one of the Panchakarma procedures that is carried out for purification and cleansing of deep seated blood toxins. It is a Para surgical procedure where vitiated blood is eliminated from the body either by phlebotomy (withdrawing vitiated blood by small incisions on the blood vessels) or by application of leach.
What diseases RaktaMokshana helps to cure?
Various skin diseases like chronic Eczema,
Enlargement of spleen and liver,
Several pitta related diseases,
What are the benefits of RaktaMokshana beside direct treatment?
It purifies the blood, promotes health and improves immunity.